Hello The Book of Juan Patrons!
I know it’s been a while. Life’s transitions have come at me fast and hard. Therefore, I had to take a step back almost as soon as I started.
That being said, this week I just want to share what I’ve been doing to get through this time.
Life is hard, especially when you’re in a time of transition and are forced to accept things that are outside of your control. These last very weeks have been very hard for me. I’ve found it harder to deal with my depression and my anxiety has been worse than it normally is. Here are some simple things that I did during this time.
- Allow yourself to grieve, be angry, hurt etc.… Don’t ignore how you’re feeling. Acknowledge those feelings and decide to work on your healing from there.
- Take some time every day to find at least one (if not more) things that you are thankful for.
- Think about those that love you and hold on to that love.
- Keep doing one or two things that you normally do even if you have no desire to anything. For me it was alternating between working out, reading, and doing my homework. While it was often hard for me to do those things at length, the fact that I was doing made me feel better.
- Find your support system. Be open and honest with those that want to help. Allow them to help and be there for you. During these times, be patient and kind to yourself.
- Find something funny to watch or listen to. Think about past funny experiences. Laugh at nothing. In these last few weeks, I took a trip to Vegas alone. While there, a friend bought me a ticket to a show (see point 4). The show had a great comedic element, and I allowed myself to truly enjoy the show and laugh. That was a positive turning point for me during this time.
- If you are in therapy, stay there. Consider making some extra appointments if necessary. If you are not in therapy, find a therapist.
My hope is that after reading this, you can apply these things to your life when things are hard or share them with someone that you think may benefit from it.
Peace, Love, and Light until next time!